Safety first: We put people first
Sustainable production in harmony with man and nature
As a company employing energy intensive processes, sustainability has always been very important to us. Above all, the safety of our employees is of paramount importance, followed by the demand to manufacture in a resource-conserving manner and thus to preserve our environment for future generations. We live these values internally and externally in order to offer our customers products for a sustainable future.
With our competence team for environmental and climate protection, we are pioneers in the non-ferrous metals industry. As a metal-working company, we use energy-intensive equipment for production. This is why we pay particular attention to using all types of energy as sparingly and efficiently as possible. With our expertise in energy efficiency, we create resource-saving production processes and use up to 90 percent recycled material depending on the material. All our copper products are 100 percent recyclable - without any loss of quality.
Our sites are often located in the immediate vicinity of residential areas, natural areas and water bodies. This is another reason why we take protection from noise and keeping water, air and soil clean very seriously. In addition, we contribute our knowledge to shaping a sustainable future with industry and society. Our customers use our products to manufacture applications that protect energy and the environment, for example:
- The use of high-performance tubes in heat transfer makes it possible to reduce energy, installation space and refrigerant charge quantities. In this way, the CO2-footprint can also be reduced.
- Copper components for electric mobility increase the efficiency of the drive train and enable precise battery management.
- Meshes of copper alloys for aquaculture reduce the environmental impact.
- Wicoat coatings extend the life of a wide range of industrial components.
- Copper tubes used in building facilities are durable and meet the stringent standards for drinking water installations.
Your contacts for sustainability at Wieland
Pia Theresa Dürrschnabel Director Sustainability
Andreas Torka Vice President Research, Development & Innovation