Privacy Information CCTV
1. Responsible body / Processor
Wieland Recycling GmbH, Daimlerstraße 20, D-89079 Ulm, Germany, is the data processor for the video surveillance of the plant premises. It is legally represented by the Managing Director. You can find more details about the Managing Director on our website.
2. Data Protection Officer
Wieland Recycling GmbH has appointed a data protection officer. You can reach him by e-mail, by telephone, by letter to the postal address mentioned above (please send to the attention of the data protection officer) or online via our data protection portal.
3. Purposes, Sources and Legal Bases of Data Processing
We process your personal data (i.e. recordings or real-time views of you) within the scope of our video surveillance of the plant premises in order to protect ourselves against criminal acts against our property (and also against other criminal acts against us), such as property damage, burglary, theft and trespassing, to protect our domiciliary right or to support the investigation in the event of a criminal act against us, our property or the property of our employees.
The data processing is based in detail on the following legal basis:
- The legal basis for the processing of real-time image transmissions (i.e., use of video cameras without recording with real-time playback, e.g., at the gate or the security control center) is our legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 I f GDPR. When ever possible, we refrain from recording if this is sufficient to achieve our legitimate interest, e.g. at turnstile entrances. Our legitimate interest is based on the need to ensure, for example, trouble-free access and egress to and from our plant premises.
- The legal basis for the processing of video recordings is Art. 6 I f GDPR. We record insofar as permanent monitoring of the real-time view is not possible, e.g. because large routes (e.g. fences) are to be monitored with regard to unauthorized access or damage to property, or proof of loading in the event of loss of cargo is expedient to prove proper fulfillment. Our legitimate interest in video recording is based on the possibility to participate in the prosecution and clarification of not directly ascertainable crimes against us or our employees, to deter the commission of future crimes and also to enforce legal claims in a provable manner.
We collect the aforementioned personal data directly from you.
4. Recipients of your Personal Data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties unless this is mandatory, e.g. due to legal requirements or to assert or defend a legal position (e.g. insurance in the event of transport losses or property damage by carriers).
5. Retention Period
We store your personal data for the duration required to fulfill the purpose. This is generally a maximum of 72 hours. In the event of periods of operational quiescence, in which possible criminal acts may not be immediately recognized, the storage period is extended by the period of operational quiescence.
Insofar as records are required in order to assert or defend against legal claims or in the case of investigative proceedings, the records required for this purpose will be stored for the duration of the proceedings and subsequent retention periods.
6. Your Rights
You have various rights vis-à-vis us, Wieland-Werke AG, as the controller, which we present to you in detail below.
The easiest way to exercise your rights is to use our online data protection portal, which you can access here.
Of course, you can also contact us, Wieland-Werke AG, by mail. Please note 'Attn: Data Protection Officer' on the envelope to ensure quick assignment and forwarding. You can reach our data protection officer also by e-mail.
- Right of access - You can request information from us at any time and without giving reasons about the personal data processed by us.
- Right to rectification - You may at any time request us to correct personal data processed incorrectly about you.
- Right to erasure or restriction of processing - You may at any time request that we erase or restrict the processing of personal data relating to you. Please note that legal retention periods may prevent us from immediate deletion. In this case, we restrict the processing to the extent possible and will carry out the deletion after the expiry of the legal retention period without being asked to do so.
- Right to object - if processing is carried out on the basis of our overriding legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 I f GDPR, you may object to processing at any time with effect for the future. If the processing is carried out for advertising purposes, you do not have to justify your objection.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to receive the personal data provided to us in a structured, machine-readable format.
- Right to revoke consent - You have the right to revoke a consent given to us for the processing of your personal data at any time and without justification with effect for the future.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - You have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority at any time if you consider that data processing of your personal data performed by us infringes the GDPR. Our data protection officer will also be happy to assist you!
7. Provision of the Personal Data
You are not obliged to provide the personal data, however in this case you cannot enter our plant.
8. Third Country Transfer
Data will not be transferred to a third country.
9. Automated individual Decision-Making, including Profiling
We do not perform any profiling or automated decision-making with the personal data viewed or recorded within our CCTV system.