Capex, direct material, energy, services, IT, logistics and facility managment
„Empowering Success“ starts with our suppliers
As a globally successful company, we are constantly looking for the most competitive, innovative and efficient suppliers. In the face of increasing competition in national and international markets, a reliable supplier base is becoming more and more indispensable. Also, since every business partner of Wieland is part of our customer promise. This is undisputable in order to ensure and deliver technological advanced products of outstanding quality. We therefore only source from carefully selected suppliers.
The main focus of our purchasing organization is on the concept of integrated procurement, in addition to commercial competitiveness. Together with our suppliers, we take the process concept into account and pursue a continuous improvement of our processes and products.
The topic of sustainability is an essential and integral part of our corporate strategy. To underline and point out the importance this strategic approach of Wieland, we participate and support the initiative „The Copper Mark”. Wieland also expects its suppliers to follow and comply with these aspects.
What we expect from our suppliers
To meet the required high standards in quality, efficiency and sustainability we phrased the following expectations as a basis for a successful cooperation with our suppliers.
We generally expect the following requirements from our suppliers:
- An established quality management certification according to DIN ISO 9001 ff.
- High competitiveness with regard to price, quality, adherence to delivery dates and flexibility
- First-class organization and communication as well as best service and continuity
- Compliance with all currently required and defined quality requirements
Additionally we expect the following factors to be followed in Global Procurement & Logistics:
- Readiness for cost transparency for the identification of further optimization potentials
- The spirit for innovations and assistance in the development of technical solutions
- Independent data maintenance in the International Material Data System (IMDS)